This document presents a report of the baseline survey of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in Malawi. This study was commissioned by the Government of Malawi through the Department of Disaster Management Affairs (DoDMA). The report is organized as follows:
- section 1 presents the introduction which has the following sub-sections; background to the assignment; objectives of the baseline study;
- section 2 presents the methodology with the following sub-sections; literature review; household survey and sampling design; quantitative and qualitative data collection; ethical considerations; training and piloting;
- section 3 presents the list of indicators to be collected through survey or to indicators to be analysed and presented in the final report;
- section 4 discusses the findings of the baseline survey;
- sections 5 presents the recommendations based on the key findings;
- section 6 presents the conclusion to the report.