This Final report presents the work done for the National EWS baseline survey as of 19th January, 2017. The Consultant was required to collect data and information on the use of climate/weather information and livelihoods (agriculture, livestock, fisheries, etc), with a view of achieving the following objectives:
- Estimating the impact of climate information on income (or welfare) of households.
- Assessing the effectiveness of warning for floods, droughts and severe weather in Malawi.
- Analysing the costs and benefits of adaptation alternatives.
- Modelling demand for Early Warning Systems in light of climate change.
- Developing indicators for the early warning systems to measure impact of interventions.
Chapter 3 presents a discussion of how these objectives have been satisfied and the results found for each objective.