SADC Secretariat through the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Unit will be convening the 2021/22 Seasonal Disaster Preparedness Planning Workshop to be conducted virtually from the 19th to 21st October 2021.
Specifically, the workshop has the following objectives, to:
- Deliberate on the implications of the 2021/22 Southern Africa Regional Climate Outlook Forum (SARCOF 25) seasonal rainfall forecast on disaster preparedness and response in the SADC region;
- Review national preparedness and response capacities and gaps in disaster preparedness and response for the 2021/22 season
- Identify required actions of regional and humanitarian actors necessary to fill these gaps in both the immediate (three to six months) and longer-term (6 months and more);
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of regional partners (SADC, Regional Inter‐Agency Coordination) to support the SADC region;
- Share experiences, lessons learned, and tools for disaster preparedness and response; and
- Explore ways of strengthening partnerships between Secretariat, SADC Member States and International Cooperating Partners (ICPs) for effective DRR, preparedness, and response.
Register on https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElcu6uqTovGtcUpbpvZJgOSi1I9fWltRw7 to attend the workshop.
For any clarifications, please contact Ms Nana Dlamini at firstname.lastname@example.org