The overall objective of this assignment is to strengthen the SADC regional disaster preparedness and response coordination and institutional mechanisms; it is also to improve the necessary technical and financing capacities, and beneficiation by the SADC Member States, researchers and academia, civil society organisations and the private sector in the region, and more importantly, vulnerable communities to contribute to the following deliverables:
- SADC regional mapped humanitarian resources and illustrative material for effective coordination of disaster preparedness and response;
- SADC Humanitarian and Emergency Operations Centre (SHOC) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as a Regional Emergency Roster;
- Emergency Response Team (ERT) training modules and training for the SADC Members States emergency response essential kits and tools for knowledge management and information sharing;
- Hazard-based Simulation Exercises Guidelines and four (4) country and one (1) regional level disaster simulation exercises; and
- SADC Regional Disaster Preparedness Fund, Resource Mobilisation Strategy and Sustainability Plan.